Our ballroom dance studio offers the following:
- State of the art dancing facility located in Latham NY, with a great spacious 2400 sq feet dance floor
- Huge mirrors along the wall that allow you to improve your dancing skills
- A professional sound system that produces crisp sound
- An advanced party lighting system including a disco ball and revolving light projectors
- Complementary coffee for all students
- Roomy parking lot in a convenient location next to the studio
- Great location that provides easy access for all people living in the Capital Region
- We are a franchised dance studio part of the Fred Astaire Dance Studios franchise (www.fredastaire.com).
- A highly trained staff that is both friendly and helpful
- We sell dance apparel and accessories
History of Fred Astaire Dance Studios
Today, one almost can’t turn on the TV or radio or, open a newspaper, magazine, or web page without hearing a mention of Mr. Fred Astaire in reference to dancing. He has left a lasting impact on the world and when people think of a dancing legend, Fred Astaire is the first to come to mind. We are proud of our great dance heritage which began in 1947 when the Master of dance himself, Mr. Fred Astaire, co-founded our company.
Mr. Fred Astaire, considered to be the greatest multitalented dancer of all time, wanted to establish a chain of studios under his name to make sure that his techniques would be preserved and passed onto the public. Mr. Astaire was instrumental in the choice of dance curriculum and instructional techniques. With the opening of the first Fred Astaire Studio on Park Avenue in New York City, Fred Astaire brought his immense talent out of the glamour of Hollywood and onto the dance floors of America and the world.
“Some people seem to think that good dancers are born.” Astaire once observed. “All the good dancers I’ve known have been taught or trained. To me, dancing has always been fun. I enjoy every minute of it. I am glad that I can now put my knowledge to use in bringing personal confidence and a feeling of achievement to so many people.”
Today, numerous Fred Astaire Franchised Dance Studios located in cities throughout North America and internationally, are required to maintain the highest standards of excellence through our National Dance Board and Fred Astaire Franchised Dance Studios curriculum certification. Although Mr. Astaire is no longer with us in person, our studios have produced a wealth of amateur and professional dancers who are living embodiments of his style and grace.